According to the American Trucking Association, America’s trucking industry is the lifeblood of the U.S. economy. Nearly 71% of all freight tonnage in the U.S. moves on the back of trucks. Moving 10.5 billion tons of freight annually requires more than 3.6 million heavy-duty Class 8 trucks and over 3.5 million professional truck drivers. Without this industry, the American economy would grind to a halt.
If you’re in the trucking business, you are focused on every-changing challenges to keep your fleet up and moving. Peel & Holland has Risk Advisors focused on trucking insurance, and we understand that every business is unique. Whether you’re an owner-operator or you manage a large fleet, we would like to get to know your business so we can provide the coverage that’s right for you.
Increase Compliance and Lower Your Costs
You face many issues in the course of daily operations. These are just examples of some of the services that Peel & Holland can make available to you:
- Professional, trucking-experienced loss control representatives
- Direct, real-time access to claims adjusters
- 24/7 nurse hotline for workers with non-emergency injuries
- Federal and state filings for your operations
- Tips for driver retention
- Early return-to-work programs
- Access to OSHA information and safety posters
- Access to safety and training videos
Making Sure Truckers are Protected
The trucking industry requires that you consider some unique insurance coverage options. Your Peel & Holland Risk Advisor is here to guide you in properly protecting your business. Here are some of the basics:
- Commercial Auto Liability
- Commercial Auto Physical Damage including:
- Loss of fuel
- Loss of owned miscellaneous equipment
- Bobtail/dead head coverage
- OEM electronic questions
- Towing after a claim
- Trailer interchange
- Commercial Auto Business Income & Extra Expense
- Workers’ Compensation
- General Liability
- Excess Liability
- Additional Coverages
- Rental Reimbursement
- Broad Form Electronic Equipment
- Miscellaneous Equipment (used with non-owned trailer)
Keeping You on the Road
Our team understands the importance of keeping your operations going. When it comes to managing a claim, we focus on working with your insurance provider to support communications with adjusters and aggressively defend our trucking industry clients when you need it most. Many of the insurance companies we work with offer specialized services from in-house consultants with hands-on trucking experience.
Many carriers also offer online safety, training, and compliance materials for truckers. Ask your Peel & Holland Risk Advisor about what’s available to help you build a culture of safety.
Whatever your situation, we can show you a variety of flexible insurance options. Peel & Holland is committed to your industry, and we are ready to talk when you are.